Here are some links to screencam demos, previous posts about FlexSpaces (both Flex+Browser and Flex+AIR), an open source RIA client for Alfresco ECM (and for Adobe LiveCycle Content Services ES too). FlexSpaces has many features including multiple views (icon/thumbnail/grid/coverflow), doclib, search, workflow, and wcm. The AIR version has desktop native drag/drop/clipboard support. These clients also have UI (auto-tagging, tag suggesting, geo-location tag google map) for the Alfresco Calais integration. FlexSpaces uses Cairngorm and has been refactored to use the presentation model pattern.
FlexSpaces showing Calais Integration features
Additionally, prototype work has started on FlexibleShare, which leverages FlexSpaces components in an open source Flex based portal container / dashboard with Flex based pods for open source enterprise software (Alfresco ECM, Alfresco Share, reporting/BI, BPM, Liferay portal backend) and also LiveCycle. Also plan to enable the pods to be used as Adobe Genesis Tiles.
Other FlexSpaces Screenshots / Screencams
Liferay + FlexSpaces + Alfresco
Alfresco Share 3.0 Integration, Thumbnail, CoverFlow View, Advanced Search
Tagging, Categorization, WCM
General Features and AIR specific features
Start workflow, Tasks dashboard tab, preview, dual pane drag/drop
Integrated Semantics Blog
FlexSpaces Forum Topic
FlexSpaces on Google Code
Follow on Twitter
Here is a screencam video of FlexSpaces 0.8 (which is ready for release). This new screencam shows auto-tagging, semi-automatic tag suggesting, multiple semantic tag clouds, and automatic geo-location tagging (displayed on a Google map). It uses the Calais Integration forge project for Alfresco and the Open Calais service.
This map, uses the Google Map Flash API (Flex), displays markers where there is location info provided in the semantic tags (location info from Calais via the Calais integration). When you click on a marker, it works just like a tag cloud, and drives search results.
(Note: the previous part 1 post also showed showed auto-tagging and multiple semantic tag clouds in FlexSpaces).
FlexSpaces with the semantic tagging / Calais features can be run in 4 different ways:
- FlexSpaces+AIR with Adobe AIR (1.1, 1.5)
- FlexSpaces+Browser in FireFox, IE, Chrome browsers (with Flash 9.x, 10.x)
- FlexSpaces site page components inside Alfresco Share
- FlexSpaces views as portlets in a portal (such as Liferay, JBoss, etc.)
FlexSpaces supports Alfresco Enterprise/Labs 2.x/3.x, Adobe LiveCycle Content Services ES (currently have just been testing FlexSpaces 0.8 and the semantic / Calais features with Alfresco Enterprise 3.0).
FlexSpaces 0.8 will have the following new Flex based components (and Cairngorm non ui apis): node semantic tag properties editor, auto-tag action, tag suggestion dialog, semantic tag cloud, semantic tag category tree, general Google map, semantic geo-tag map.
HOW TO: FlexSpaces in Liferay IFrame portlet
screencam video demo
I just tried a quick test of running FlexSpaces+Browser in a Liferay IFrame portlet. It worked! All features of flexspaces worked:
- Doc library, search, tasks, wcm views
- Drag/drop of files between dual panes, internal cut/copy/paste between spaces
- File upload, file download, file viewing, preview, play video
- Checkin, checkout, edit, cancel checkout, update, make versionable, version history panel
- Icon, thumbnail, grid list, cover flow view modes
- Search, advanced search, tag cloud, category navigation
- Create space, properties edit, tags/categories edit
- Make pdf, make flash, start workflow
- Coming flexspaces 0.8 features with Calais integraion (auto-tag, manual semantic tag properties edit, multiple semantic tag clouds)
Issues noticed: works best when portlet maximized, when not, doesn’t use full portlet area, when switching portlet between regular and max size looses login, liferay dialog not always on top of iframe/flash. Things might work better with the Liferay Flash portlet.
(Update 8/16/09: Added short term state save/restore in SharedObject of ticket/doclibPath/tabIndex in FlexSpaces. Now works much better (don’t loose login, view state when resize portlet. Used Liferay Flash portlet instead of IFrame portlet. Also Liferay dialogs z order was fine. Also would work with flexspaces webapp installed in either Liferay tomcat or in Alfresco tomcat (just different Flash portlet swf url config) )
Didn’t try more integrated approaches yet:
Webscripts as Liferay portlets on ecmarchitect.com
Full Integration of Liferay 5.1.2, Alfresco 3.0 E, SSO, LDAP
Use Liferay Flash portlet instead of iframe portlet
Config used: Alfresco enterprise 3.0 in one tomcat, Liferay 5.1.2 in another tomcat, windows vista
0. Install Alfresco enterprise or labs
1. Normal install of flexspaces+browser flexspaces dir in alfresco tomcat webapps area, flexspaces+browser 0.7
2. Flexspaces webscripts installed in alfresco, flexspaces 0.7 webscripts
3. Install separate liferay + tomcat bundle from liferay.com
4. I changed all the ports in liferay tomcat conf/server.xml to start with 9 instead of 8 (9080, etc.) to not conflict with tomcat running alfresco
4. Start alfresco tomcat
5. Start liferay tomcat and login firstname.lastname@example.org (password: test)
6. With liferay “Add application” add a IFrame portlet from the Sample category
7. Configure the portlet to have the source url: http://localhost:8080/flexspaces/FlexSpaces.html
8. Title of portlet can be changed to “FlexSpaces” by clicking on “IFrame” text in the title and editing
9. If portlets of the FlexSpaces individual views instead of all 4 views in one portlet, (or 2 views only in one portal, etc.) the srcUrl args doclib=true&search=true&tasks=false&wcm=false to FlexSpaces.swf can be used like in the flexspaces 0.7 page site components for share (See FlexSpaces Share integration blog post with screenshots)
Here is a sneak peak video of semantic auto-tagging and multiple semantic tag clouds coming in the next release of FlexSpaces+AIR / FlexSpaces+Browser. This uses the Calais Integration Alexander and I have been working on, the Open Calais service, and Alfresco. The Calais integration auto-tag action can also be used from the “run action” UI in the Alfresco web client (now called Explorer).
Things in the works: Flex UI for tag suggestions, storing URIs in the integration for future linked data use, storing geo-location info from Calais 3.1, and map UI to display geo-location points to filter search results.
The Calais integration amps including web scripts are in the Calais Integration forge project. Note we may use the Semantics for Alfresco merged project for certain pieces in the future. A google code project, semantics4alfresco has also been reserved. Current FlexSpaces downloads are in the FlexSpaces forge project. Its svn is in the flexspaces google code project.