The new version of FlexSpaces (0.94) has the following new features:
- The AIR version can offline a file in the repository and launch the default application for the file type on the offline copy with one click of the edit button in FlexSpaces. (This can be turned on by setting useLessStepsEdit to true in FlexSpacesConfig.xml). With this feature, the user avoids getting file browse dialog to choose a download location and then having to navigate through their file system to launch the file in an editing application.
- The AIR version can automatically update the online file when the user saves in applications while editing an offlined file launched from the edit button. (This can be turned on by setting both useLessStepsEditing to true and autoUpdateOnlineOnAppSave to true in FlexSpacesConfig.xml) (The online file will be versioned if it has the versionable aspect.) With this feature, you avoid having to go back to the content management client, choose update, and pick the file to update with from a file browse dialog.
- Basically these two features together give you the simpler editing you get with WebDAV or with CIFS, but with the full features of FlexSpaces. With WebDAV your editing application may need to support direct WebDAV URLs. Also you don’t have to worry as you do with WebDAV or CIFS, if it works with a particular client OS version or needs a client OS patch.
- The toolbar of FlexSpaces now has bigger, labeled toolbar buttons. Hopefully this will make figuring out what to do easier.
- A navigation panel was added combining the existing Company Home tree, an added User / My Home tree, and Categories / Tag Cloud / Semantic Tag Clouds/Map / Favorites moved from the search view.
- Added displaying “Logged in as:” user name
- Fixes for LiveCycle Content Services ES2 version of Alfresco
CMIS Spaces and FlexibleShare were also updated to have these new FlexSpaces features: